Apparently, most of the commercial dryer sheets are high in various toxic compounds such as benzyl alcohol, benzyl acetate, linalool, and chloroform.
All these ingredients are highly toxic and lead to various skin problems, but at the same time, its vapors are toxic and harmful too. These toxins go directly to the most sensitive neurological centers of the brain and causes destruction.
Namely, the use of dryer sheets clothes covering the fragrances with artificial chemicals, which they are extremely toxic, as they are known carcinogens that lead to cancer and liver damage in mammals.
Dr. Anne Steinemann UW professor has carried out a study in order to examine the effect of these perfumes are found in laundry products (both detergent and dryer sheets) and he found that vents emit more than 25 volatile organic compounds, with the highest concentration of acetone, ethanol and acetaldehyde, (two of them are carcinogenic).
Moreover, one of these carcinogenic VOCs, acetaldehyde, had emissions that made up 3% of total emissions of acetaldehyde of cars in the study area, which is an issue extremely high of these harmful toxins.
The Environmental Protection Agency US (EPA) and safety data sheet of the material generated by industry (MSDS) from the 1990s, the following list provides substances chemical found in fabric softeners, most combinations tested.
– benzyl etilo- This chemical has been linked to pancreatic cancer
– pentane This chemical leads to fatigue, depression, headaches, drowsiness, nausea and dizziness
– benzyl Alcohol is an irritant of the upper respiratory tract and leads to disorders of central nervous system (CNS), vomiting, nausea, dramatic drops in blood pressure, dizziness and headache.
-. Ethanol This chemical is related to disorders of the central nervous system and is included in the list of hazardous waste from the EPA
– Linalool- According to studies, linalool leads to depression, brain disorders, nervous system disorders, and loss of muscle coordination
– Chloroform This is an anesthetic, neurotoxic and carcinogenic chemical, extremely toxic to the brain. The inhalation may cause headaches, drowsiness, vomiting, unconsciousness, nausea, dizziness.
– ethylacetate- leads to headaches and also appears in the list of hazardous waste from the EPA
– Alfa-Terpineol- causes depression, headaches, loss of muscle control, brain disorders and nervous [system
Undoubtedly, this information on the toxic dryer sheets is shocking. Therefore, it is advisable to use other alternatives such as wool balls, which are completely natural, lead to soft clothes and remove wrinkles and static electricity.