are inserted here your ads by
Easy Plugin for AdSense .
Please go to the plugin administration page for
Pasting the ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot .
to relieve the symptoms of allergic type, many people seek natural remedies for allergies – however, some people continue to experience difficult symptoms even strange ,. Frustrating! Until recently, most health professionals simply write with runny nose chalk, itchy skin and headaches after meals to “ food allergies , “but that is not so simple, because the evidence response IgE-mediated allergy usually come negative.
Instead, the problem throughout could be histamine intolerance. While some doctors are aware of this health disorder due to the increasing number of patients, I have no doubt that soon will become another “hot topic” in the profession. For now, expert opinion suggests at least 1 percent of the population suffers from histamine intolerance, most of which (80 percent) are middle-aged women. ( 1 )
Like many other conditions histamine intolerance is considered only relatively rare, simply because medical professionals do not recognize the condition. Untold numbers of cases are undiagnosed Currently, taking into account the diversity of symptoms, monitoring in particular is completely understandable!
What is Histamine Intolerance?
According to the German magazine Deutsches Ärzteblatt International, histamine intolerance is the “imbalance of accumulated histamine and the capacity degradation of histamine.” Essentially, patients do not develop a sensitivity to histamine – simply have too much of it. Several factors contribute to the accumulation of high levels of histamine body, and most refer to the molecule to be broken and leave degraded in the normal manner.
Although many people associate only with histamine allergic responses , under normal circumstances is an essential molecule performing three important functions. Histamine is mainly ( 2 )
- A neurotransmitter, such as a chemical messenger, which passes from one neuron to another in the nervous system.
- A component of stomach acid that helps break down food.
- A mechanism inflammatory response that dilates blood vessels to allow white blood cells to quickly and neutralize invaders.
These functions are vital to life. However, when histamine levels are too high, the end result is a serious disturbance of the quality of life and even death.
There are two major enzymes in the body degrading histamine. ( 3 ) A is N-methyltransferase (HMT), which deals with histamine in the central nervous system (CNS). The other is diamine oxidase (DAO), which is responsible for breaking down ingested histamine in food.
The failure of DAO to degrade histamine is, for the most part, responsible for the number of cases of histamine intolerance seen today. ( 4 ) The fact DAO to degrade excess histamine in the results of a double whammy :. Increased levels of histamine and unpleasant symptoms
DAO can be affected by a number of reasons, and problems related to internal and external triggers: ( 5 )
- DAO can be reduced because of gastrointestinal disease .
- Certain medications, both prescription and nonprescription, block DAO and contribute to the prevention of production.
- Many foods are usually recommended high levels of histamine and contribute to a current dysfunction.
- Some foods have the ability to block DAO.
Other foods aggravate the problem because they have the ability to trigger the release of histamine in the body, even if they do not contain. The more DAO crashes while production continues histamine and histamine-rich foods are ingested, the worse the reaction to the patient.
Symptoms Histamine Intolerance
When the body reaches abnormally high levels of histamine, beyond of the body’s ability to break down such overload, a wide range of symptoms occur. ( 6 ) Many of these symptoms listed below are similar to allergic symptoms, so you should check histamine intolerance when such reactions occur.
- abdominal cramps
- abnormal menstrual cycle
- respiratory [19459022problems]
- conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- difficulty falling asleep / overstimulation
- digestive disturbances
- dizziness or vertigo
- headaches or migraine
- acid reflux
- Hypertension ( high blood pressure )
- hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Nausea and / or vomiting
- sinus problems
- tachycardia (rapid heart rate)
- deregulation temperature
- tissue swelling / inflammation
- urticaria (hives)
clearly the wide range of symptoms can, and in fact, result in patients being diagnosed with any number of preconditions histamine intolerance even being considered. In many cases, the issue of diagnosis is further complicated because people continue to consume what is normally considered to be a healthy and nutritious diet as well as lifestyle deficiencies are not immediately apparent.
Indeed, for many people, an accurate diagnosis can take a long time, which is frustrating for the patient and physician alike process.
What they react histamine?
Several seemingly unrelated factors may lead to histamine intolerance. These include blocking DAO GI disorders , bacterial overgrowth and even UV light.
As already mentioned, the results DAO obstruction produces too little of the enzyme to cope with the amount of histamine or synthesized in the body or ingested through food. Many foods are rich in histamine, and if anyone has a reduced amount of DAO, then symptoms of intolerance to erupt.
Several gastrointestinal diseases may also lead to histamine intolerance: ( 7 )
- gluten sensitivity
- leaky gut syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- colitis colitis
- The inflammatory bowel disease ( SII )
- small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SBI)
overgrowth of bacteria
There is a school of thought that the development of histamine intolerance is caused by overgrowth of bacteria that produce histamine undigested food. Resulting in the overproduction of histamine can not be degraded by DAO, this explains why so many people with allergies often suffer ongoing of GI conditions mentioned above.
Other research indicates UV light may trigger the release of histamine. One study found that this particular reaction can also be improved by some compounds of phenothiazine, which occur in drugs prescription concerning psychiatric treatment of conditions ranging from anxiety and schizophrenia depression. However, there are numerous over-the-counter and prescription medications that affect DAO either directly or indirectly. Any patient on medication for the following conditions and suffering from recurring symptoms “allergy” should check if possible histamine intolerance: (8)
- nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) – aspirin and ibuprofen
- immune modulators – Enbrel, Plaquenil, Humira
- antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs – Prozac, Zoloft, Effexor, Cymbalta
- – Antihistamines Benadryl, Allegra, Zyrtec
- Antiarrhythmics – Cardizem, Norvasc, propranolol, metoprolol
- antagonists of histamine H2 – Pepcid, Zantac, Tagamet
What to do if you have histamine intolerance
When histamine intolerance it develops due to an acquired cause – for example, certain drugs – the problem is relatively easy to diagnose and reverse. However, other causes, and subsequent handling of reactions, can not be so simple. Some patients choose DAO levels of tests, but the test is not widely available.
Here are four strategies you can follow if you think you suffer from histamine intolerance:
1. Elimination Diet
One of the first steps for many people is to go on a diet elimination . All foods high in histamine are removed from the diet for a period of one to three months to see if symptoms improve. These foods are gradually reintroduced to control the reactions.
2. Supplement DAO
Another option that many patients are not only acceptable, but also preferable, it is simply to increase their levels of DAO taking daily supplements. However, the current range of products is, at best, scarce, and this is not a cheap option. However, for many it can improve the quality of life without going through the greatest disruption of removing food or evidence.
3. Low-protein diet
Because histamine is made from amino acids and amino acids derived protein, it follows that foods rich in protein (which take longer to digest) ultimately affect histamine levels. In addition, elevated histamine levels the food is allowed to age in the intestine, which can feed the bacteria that can continue to feed the cycle.
4. Diet low in histamine
should not only protein foods avoided but also that these foods can aggravate histamine intolerance:
- Alcohol and other fermented beverages
- All citrus – oranges lemons , lime grapefruit
- Any food containing colorings or preservatives
- – fresh berries, frozen or canned
- chocolate and cocoa
- fermented milk products such as cheese, yogurt and butter
- fermented foods, such as pickles, condiments, sauerkraut
- leftover meat
- meat that are processed, cured, smoked or fermented
- Seafood – shell or finfish, frozen, fresh, canned, or smoked
- Spices – including curry powder, pepper, chili, teeth cinnamon , nutmeg
- – fresh, canned, puree or sauce tomatoes
- Vinegar and related products – for example , ketchup and mustard
Before throwing the baby out with the bathwater, however, some must pay attention to the fact that humans have been consuming these foods for centuries without developing adverse side effects! These foods, many of which are natural and nutritious, are represented largely by both the pickles and fermented or aged. These practices, which began before the invention of refrigeration, were habitual conservation methods carried out in most households.
Low-histamine diet foods
For many, the only alternative is to remove not only histamine-rich foods, but also blocking DAO together with starting the synthesis of histamine. If you go this route, the menu options are fairly limited.
- Fresh fish
- Meat and poultry, but only if they are freshly prepared
- Eggs (although whites can stimulate histamine release in some individuals)
- rice and gluten-free quinoa
- fresh fruits – apple, melon, grapes, kiwi, mango, pear, watermelon
- fresh vegetables, excluding avocado, eggplant , spinach, tomatoes
- butter pure peanut
- dairy substitutes – almond, coconut, hemp and rice milks
- olive oil and coconut oil cooking
- herb leaf
- herbal teas
the list is pitifully short – however, there is still acceptable solutions to histamine intolerance. It may take time to solve problems for some patients, but once a diagnosis is achieved, is to overcome the first major hurdle and natural treatments begin to address the root causes of histamine intolerance.
Additional Tags for this post:
Dr Ben Lynch and food sensitivities |