Pollution of Delhi: There seems to be no respite from air pollution in Delhi. In addition to wearing anti-pollution masks, avoiding going outside and installing their homes with air purifiers, some dietary and lifestyle measures can further help reduce the harmful effects of air pollution. Speaking of some home remedies to beat smog (smoke + fog) and toxic chemicals in the air is the famous nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar. These home remedies for air pollution can help reduce coughs, colds and infections during rising pollution levels.
Home remedies for air pollution: try these tips to overcome the harmful effects of air pollution
1. Make a bite-sized laddoo made with soonth (dry ginger), gur (jaggery) and ghee. To prepare them, take equal amounts of all these ingredients and mix them well. Roll them into balls. According to Rujuta, starting and ending the day with a laddoo can be useful when outdoor pollution is high. He also recommends having a laddoo just after spending long hours outdoors. From preventing inflammation and the flu to keeping your sinuses clean and improving digestion, these laddoos can work wonders for your health at this time of year.
You can also chew brown sugar to control cough
Photo credit: iStock
Read also: this is how you can protect yourself from poor air quality
2. This is also the time to Bring the sugarcane back in your diet. You can chew it or drink sugarcane juice. Sugarcane is perfect when consumed between meals, before noon. Not only will it help cleanse and detoxify the liver, but it can also boost your immune system and reduce lethargy and bad mood, which is useful with increased smog.
3) Have a cup of milk with kesar (saffron), haldi (turmeric) and soaked basil seeds. You can also add brown sugar to sweeten this healing drink. To prepare it, heat the milk and add kesar and haldi while it is still boiling. Add 1 teaspoon of basil seeds and pour it into a cup. Hot baby. Saffron contains volatile oils, which can prevent damage to the skin and hair caused by air pollution. Basil or sabja seeds can reduce infections, allergies and swelling. The haldi or turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can accelerate the recovery process during coughs, colds and flu.
Having coffee with turmeric milk or haldi doodh to speed up the recovery of cough and cold
Photo credit: iStock
Read also: Pollution of Delhi: 5 simple drinks to detoxify your lungs naturally
4) Do not stop exercising. Simply move in and continue with your regular training routine.
5) Stay well hydrated. It is important to prevent diseases and accelerate the recovery process.
6) Carotene supplements and vitamin D and vitamin B12 supplements It can be useful during high levels of air pollution. Just be sure to follow expert advice before taking these supplements.
Also read: with such high levels of contamination, keep your skin healthy today with these tips
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, only provides generic information. In no way substitutes qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV is not responsible for this information.
Get breaking news, live coverage and the latest news from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Watch all the live TV action on NDTV 24×7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram to get the latest news and live news updates.
. (tagsToTranslate) Pollution of Delhi (t) diet for pollution (t) how to take care of health during air pollution (t) health tips for air pollution (t) food to reduce the harmful effects of air pollution (t) diet tips for air pollution (t) diet tips for air pollution (t) home remedies for air pollution rujuta diwekar