Before you know it we’ll be carving turkeys, cutting cakes, hot chocolate over low heat, and bake cookies!
And before you think about this true enthusiast is going to take away all your winter and holiday fun food, let me tell you a little secret …
This girl loves her Midwestern comfort food.
Food is meant to be enjoyed and savored! And I’m not about to go all the police of food in the coming months, while enjoying the holidays … promise.
That does not mean I’m going to compromise on ingredients however. You can still have many of your favorite foods without the long winter labels mile addicted ingredients.
Sometimes it is as simple as taking your childhood your favorite casserole, and replacing the red can of cream … I mean MSG Cream of Chicken Soup
I a couple of basic casseroles do over the fall and winter months, and not ashamed to say that we have two to three times per month. They are full of nutritious ingredients, and to make a super quick dinner, filling.
And I hope you know that all I really love to cook, I love to not spend all day in the kitchen. I have 3 small 5 years old and under, and between school pick ups and downs, lots of clothes, toilet training, and cleaning do not have time for operations luxury kitchen every day.
When I do something, I’m in batch mode, so I have to do it again for a while. This recipe makes 7 liters of soup – which is 7 cans Do not make this recipe more than a couple of times a winter removed from the freezer and dump on what you are doing right! as convenient as the red can.
Print condensed cream of chicken soup Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- 3-4 in cooking friendly TB (butter, coconut oil, lard)
- 3 medium onions, chopped into pieces
- 7 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 liters of broth chicken bone (preferably homemade – see the tips section on how to make your own in the slow cooker!)
- 2TB organic all season aim season or poultry
- 2 parsley teaspoons
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- integer 6 cups milk or coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups white rice flour
- sea salt / pepper to taste (you will want to do this quite salty for mimic the canned soup are also used. I use a good few TB – not my bone broth is seasoned consider. Remember this is a condensed soup so thinned in a casserole or soup with other ingredients to the saltiness will stretch.)
- Saute onion in fat to use for 5-7 minutes to soften and sweeten. Use a pinch of salt to bring out the juices and sweeten.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add broth and seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for a few minutes
- Use a hand mixer to mix until onions in stock – .. You can use a blender if you have a handheld
- Bringing backup soup simmered while milk and whisk together flour in a mixing bowl until blended.
- Add the milk mixture / flour soup to a simmer and keep your beater go into the pot until the soup is nice and thick. This can take a good 10 minutes. It will thicken more as it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator a few days or in the freezer for months. 1 liter of condensed soup is equal to 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup in recipes.
Product links in this post are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site! Please know I never personally recommend any product would not use in my own family.
- makes this batch 7 liters of soup – that’s 7 cans of condensed soup that buy at the store. If your recipe calls for a can of cream of chicken soup, you can use 1 liter of homemade.
- Remember that consistency is condensed – like condensed soup used to , thick – .. If you wish so you can be slimmed can add more broth and / or milk
- If you are interested in more than cream of mushroom can add the mushrooms and saute at the start reversing purpose throughout the season.
- is well worth making your own broth chicken bone for recipes like this! The added nutrients and gelatin are fantastic – and There is nothing easier than doing it in the slow cooker
- For the purpose of the measure in the “can” mode I like! the use of the pint containers storeage. As pretty as glass jars are (and who use them when I have around), I would like these BPA freezer containers free pint because they are cheap, stack easy, and work
- grain I have tried to free … trust me – I’ve tried. My coconut flour and my attempts were important almond flour fails. The closer you get would tapioca flour but it will not be the same texture as we are used to. It will work if you really have to be free of grains, but again the texture will be more “sticky / viscous” versus thick and creamy.
- This is what a immersion blender seems – can mix up right on the boat and save on cleaning and time ! It is possibly one of my tools most used kitchen – I love
- I love, love (love!) This brand of all condiments purpose and use it in so many things – you will not regret! This is my favorite poultry seasoning also -. Both work equally well