No matter if it’s a busy school day, or a weekend by the full game tomorrow, I realized that not only my children just happier when they get a great breakfast, but it works better too momma!
While we staples breakfast nutritious as eggs pastured oats soaked , shakes and quick bars for weekdays, I like to keep the weekend different. Maintains basic foods become something everyone is tired of, and gives everyone a change.
Normally I’m not a fan of doing something sweet for breakfast, but the coffee cake is very slightly sweet – and has refined sugar zero usually. serve this with fried eggs and raw milk to balance sugar levels so not only fired to crash an hour later.
And, did I mention before that I do demanding? I do not have the time or patience to gather in small layers of things. I love this coffee cake – Put the cake layer down, cherries on top, and the mass of the rest of the cake on top without being perfectly ordered – the swirls end anyway so pretty [!
collect sweet cherries August each year, and are naturally so sweet! Over the weekend, I took our last bag of cherries freezer Summer collection and it was so fun to use up and have something so delicious! You can freeze leftovers for breakfast places next weekend too!
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
Print :: cherry coffee cake gluten and refined sugar author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- cHERRY fILLING
- 2 ½ – 3 cups of fresh cherries or frozen
- 2TB water
- 2TB of raw honey (Organic pure cane sugar or coconut sugar would work. If your cherries are on the bitter side you may want to duplicate this. ours were sweet cherries we picked right off the trees in our area and they are so sweet!)
- 3 TB tapioca flour ( starch organic corn (non-GMO) also work)
- cake batter
- 1 cup flour blanched almonds (if nut free use sorghum flour or brown rice flour )
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup of raw honey (pure sugar organic cane or coconut sugar work)
- 2 eggs pastured (if egg using free linen or gelatin “eggs” )
- ½ cup avocado oil (or melted butter or coconut oil)
- 1 TB almond extract (vanilla extract work)
- ¼ cup whole milk (or coconut milk)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon powder unbaked aluminum
- ¼ sea salt teaspoon
- put all the ingredients of cherry filling in a small saucepan bring to a bubble. Reduce to simmer for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.
- While the cherry filling is boiling, put all the ingredients of the cake mixture into a medium bowl and beaters use hand to mix thoroughly.
- Butter one small (2 quarts) baking dish and pour most of the cake at the bottom -. Reserve about a cup dough filling
- Pour the cherry filling over the cake batter into the pan and carefully out
- Put spoonfuls of the remaining mass cake on top of the cherries, spreading it gently -. do not worry if mixed with a little cherries! The swirls are so cute!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Cool the cake for a good 10 or so minutes before carving.
For more ideas for breakfast, you can follow my table Ideas breakfast in Blogger !