How you remember?
For me it started even before birth. After the first few weeks to let it sink in that I was pregnant with her, my heart truly became a mom.
Six years this week Chloe was born and my life changed forever. She has made me a better person. She makes me think. She reminds me of the true and unconditional love. I think I mess something almost every day, and she wakes up every morning with a hug alone can give and says “I love you Mom.”
She is the reason for this spark of passion that grew in my mother bear heart to see children of this generation growing up without junk food than mine. This little love sharing my passion enthusiastic and ordered a carrot cake for his birthday this year! Saw some carrot cakes brightly colored in the grocery store one day, pointed at one and said: “I want that for my birthday cake”
I was not, however, excited about using food coloring to make orange carrots on your cake. And with our busy schedules lately I just do not think that would be the time to make orange food coloring * and * have the firm to pipe them in the hand pie creativity. I decided on a simple cake toppers, and the child when they a success! She planted her own “garden carrot patch” your cake!
One of the cousins Chloe has a severe allergy to eggs, so our parts must be completely free of egg – and while the first two years to calculate this I had totally nervous, I learned to bake egg without really is not that hard! I used 4 “eggs linen” in this cake recipe and flax seeds went well with this type of cake. If you prefer a replacement egg to egg or egg substitute gelatin go for it! And if you can tolerate large eggs 3-4 eggs should do the trick!
So how did it turn out? So moist without being dense – and the taste was much better than I thought it would be! Very warm and slightly sweet, and although I love those warm spices, which were so powerful that it threw the palate of children outside. I think you can definitely get away with less “sweet” on the cake and the icing if their children are not accustomed to sweets -. I know my girls would have loved yet because they are not used for sweet things
Make sure you take a look at ice cream cheese had with our cake! It’s so good!
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
Print Carrot Cake :: gluten, eggs, nuts, and free coloring! Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- CARROT CAKE ::
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- 2 teaspoons powder unbaked aluminum
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 TB cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground
- 1 pound carrots, grated (I used the apex disc in my food processor, but also works hand shredder!)
- 4 linen eggs (or other egg substitutes. To make 4 linen eggs beat ¼ cup flaxseed meal with ¾ cup of water and put in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or so – to lay eggs linen before you start anything so by the time I finished putting the dry ingredients, etc., that are ready to use! If you can tolerate eggs 3-4 eggs should work instead!)
- 1 cup organic sugar cane
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup [apple avocado oil (olive oil work if that’s what you have. coconut oil could give too much taste of coconut cake I say.)
- 2TB cider vinegar (do not let it reacts with the baking powder and soda to help with promotion and no eggs do not taste it – I promise !!!)
- FROSTING cREAM cHEESE:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- vanilla extract 2 teaspoons
- 1 ½ cups organic powdered sugar cane (I did end up doing half the glaze batch so I could make decorations on top -. you can get away with a lot if you do not like a lot of frost your cake)
- in a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spices together bicarbonate.
- in a separate bowl (or in your food processor as I did!) Eggs flax, sugar, maple syrup, avocado oil, and vinegar apple cider mixed for about 30 seconds to a minute until frothy.
- Add the wet ingredients and carrot sticks in the bowl of dry ingredients and fold together to combine.
- Bake in 9-inch cake pans at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove from pans to cool completely before frosting.
- to make cream cheese frosting, put all ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with frosting whisks until smooth.
More real food goodies you might like ::
strawberry birthday cake
The carrot Cake :: gluten, eggs, nuts, and free coloring! appeared for the first time in Increased Fueled Generation .