may sound cliché, but for me it means summer tanned skin, hair salt and sandy feet. Living just minutes from the beach, I make any excuse for sunbathing and a swim in the sea as often as possible. And to get my daily dose of vitamin D is all very well, the summer months can certainly take a toll on my skin. Even the most intelligent sunscreen we know that SPF and sun hats can only do so much when you are browsing and playing beach volleyball. The hard truth is that those freckles will open, and your skin need a little extra care during these months of sunshine-y.
Therefore, with that in mind, I recently investigated some natural remedies to relieve summer skin and wound up with my own elixir. The end result is a natural and organic mask that leaves my skin feeling hydrated, and exfoliated glowy all at once. I combine coconut oil, calming, honey, detoxifies, green tea, which gives an antioxidant boost, and lemon, which brightens. It’s a treat for your skin. In addition, you can probably whip up with things you have in your own pantry! Here it is how to make my tea honey mask green coconut favorite …
coconut honey green tea mask
- coconut oil 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon green tea leaves (or about half the number of sheets that come in a teabag 1)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Mix the honey, lemon juice, coconut oil and green tea leaves. This can be done using a fork or whisk, just make sure it is thoroughly mixed together and coconut oil is not separated.
2. Using your finger or a cotton swab, spread evenly on the face.
3. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with warm water and apply your favorite moisturizer.
And there you go! Easy as pie, but quite delicious for dry and sunburned skin.
Will you be applying this mask after next weekend in the sun?
I highly recommend it!