I can hardly wait to get my hands on some fresh asparagus Michigan! It will be another month though, until we see local asparagus, but is appearing in our markets from warmer places, and after a long winter squash and green … they are longing for some fresh spring!
slightly sweet natural slow cooking, smooth and creamy texture is perfect for the little ones! The girls enjoyed asparagus soup around 6-9 months or so! It’s a great way to get the bone broth, and start forming the taste of the palate to accept a variety of vegetables!
Towards the end of the asparagus season when you can get offers large farmers market in packages of 10 pounds, can triple this soup and store trash in the freezer . It’s really fun to get a liter of asparagus soup around November to remind you of spring.
products in this section links are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I will never recommend any product personally would not use in my own family.
Print asparagus soup Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- ¼ fat to use cup cooking (butter, coconut oil, lard)
- 2 onions, chopped into pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced large
- 1 ½ – 2 quarts chicken broth bone (depending on how you want your consistency is the soup)
- 4-5 small / medium potatoes, chopped into pieces
- 2 bunches asparagus, tough ends discarded, chopped into pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, but some heat is so good!)
- salt sea / pepper to taste
- Garnish with sour cream or a splash of coconut milk (optional)
- Saute onion in the friendly fat over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, with a couple of pinches of salt to bring out their juices and sweeten.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add broth, potatoes and asparagus and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus and potatoes are cooked through.
- Use immersion blender or blender to puree the soup smooth. Add pepper and salt / pepper to taste
- Garnish with sour cream or coconut milk if desired
- This makes about 3 liters of soup – .. Empaca very well in school thermos lunch or traveling crockpot too!