I have a magazine in the mail last week. Is a special issue on time all my heroes of science. Sir Isaac Newton, Einstein, Pasteur …
I have read a little more and I was happy to see Linus Pauling. I thought: “Great pioneer recognized what it was …”
I was excited because Pauling is someone who is close to home for me. He was a scientist who later became a nutritionist, and he was a counter. Someone who says that conventional doctors, “You have missed the train.”
But time did not say that about him. Instead, they chose to present him as someone who went off the deep end. They wrote: “For many people, unfortunately, the imposing scientist who transformed the chemistry is just the kind that vitamin C oversold.”
And they say their claims for vitamin C never tested out.
I can not let this happen, because they are totally wrong. And Pauling was right.
Consider the facts:
1) People try to discredit Pauling’s claims that vitamin C is anti-aging, since he died. But Pauling never claimed that vitamin C could keep him alive forever. And he lived until the age of 93. That is a good achievement.
2) Almost everything said about vitamin C was correct. Vitamin C does not help protect against viral infection. It protects against heart disease. And it does prevent cancer.
In 1976, Pauling made a study which took 100 people with cancer whom conventional medicine had given up as terminal and “untreatable”. He gave them 10 grams of vitamin C every day, and lived for almost a year with no other treatment. Some were still alive nearly four years after being diagnosed as terminal. 1
Pauling compared his 100 with another 1,000 terminally ill patients. Those who received vitamin C without an average life of only 38 days.
3) Vitamin C Linus Pauling just knew. Vitamin C works by disarming molecules called free radicals that attack healthy cells. But what we now know is that the protective at the ends of their DNA, called telomeres, tapas are very sensitive to these attacks.
The shorter your telomeres, the oldest of their cells act and are more susceptible to becoming cancerous. Vitamin C is very effective to stop the shortening of telomeres, which protects you from heart disease, cancer and other diseases, too.
A Japanese study tested the effect of vitamin C on telomeres. Raising the level of vitamin C in cells could slow down the telomere shortening up to 62%.
Another study found that cells treated with vitamin C skin maintain its strong form young, since telomere shortening was reduced cellular DNA. Telomeres also suffered less damage in the presence of vitamin C. 2
This is one of the reasons why I’ve been talking to you both nutrients lately, and so I felt the need to introduce my nutrition pyramid.
need a lot of nutrients that make up the base of the pyramid, Primal Nutrition, to prevent modern diseases like cancer.
Recently we told you about oranges and their primary nutritional value, including vitamin Today I want to tell you about some other ways to boost your vitamin C to a primordial healthy level, C.. Here are three ways to get all the vitamin C you need to restore its primary nutrition:
1. The primary king of vitamin C: dark, leafy greens, bell peppers, black currants , papaya, red and green peppers and guava all have a good amount of vitamin C. strawberries and oranges have one, too, and these are all good for the primary nutrition in general.
But if you need more vitamin C, the king of all fruits is the acerola cherry. 100 grams has 1,678 mg- more than 20 times the vitamin C of strawberries!
2. Tea for ransom: A little-known source of vitamin C is mint leaves. You can make a mint tea -. Just be sure to cover the cup as he prepares to stay in oils
3. A good supplement: Dr. Pauling himself had between 12,000 and 18,000 mg a day and lived to the ripe age of 93. However, you should get 1,500 mg twice a day for yourself to basic primary needs.
4. A larger impulse: If you’ve been lacking vitamin C, or at times of stress or illness, you may want to consider therapy vitamin C IV
, you can safely get more vitamin C through an intravenous injection which can take supplements. You can infuse vitamin C at 100 times the concentration of completely safe oral supplements. Remember, no matter how high the dose, vitamin C does not harm healthy cells.
If you want to visit my Health and Wellness Center for IV vitamin C therapy, please call 561.784.7852 and any member of my staff will be happy to give you a phone consultation.
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD
1. Cameron E, Pauling L. “ascorbate consultation in the supportive treatment for cancer. ” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci . U.S. 1976. 73: 3685-3689
2. Yokoo S, Furumoto K, E Hiyama, Miwa N. “Hook down age-dependent telomere shortening is executed … for the antioxidant effects of pro-vitamin C.” J Cell Biochem . . 2004; 93 (3): 588-97