Acid reflux is a common phenomenon for people. It usually causes a burning sensation of heartburn in the throat and upper chest, so you can have a bitter taste and acid content in the throat or out of your mouth. This phenomenon may disturb you at any time, especially after a meal, and make it less safe when in front of other people.
Acid reflux appears as the stomach acid backs up into the esophagus. The lower esophageal sphincter, a muscle in the esophagus protecting you from acid reflux will open to bring food and drink into the stomach and collapse. But there is a weakened muscle not sealed copy of acid left security and makes reflux acids.
yogurt for treating acid reflux – 9 Ways You Should Know
If you have to deal with the problem of acid reflux, you must develop a balanced and healthy diet. Some recommended foods that relax the muscle and treat acid reflux tomato-based products are fried foods, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, milk, spicy foods or acidic foods and yogurt containing saturated fats. Yogurt is rich in protein and essential nutrients. Besides that in this fermented food, milk is fermented by bacteria that can break down lactose. This means that the process of your stomach will be easier to occur. That is why it is called by the name of “probiotics”.
This article VKool.com show 9 Ways useful to use yogurt to treat acid reflux without any side effects. This article discusses the best methods using yogurt along with some other natural ingredients to treat acid reflux effectively at home from reliable sources listed. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and is solely for informational purposes. Keep reading this article to learn these tools to use yogurt for acid reflux treatment methods quickly and effectively.
What can you do to treat acid reflux yogurt?
- soothe the esophagus as a fresh, alkaline and soft food
- stimulate the immune system to full health because of its probiotic including beneficial bacteria that is easy found in the digestive tract
- help in proper absorption of nutrients and proteins in the body.
- prevent acid reflux because of their source of protein and helps in digestion of food.
- strengthen the muscles of the lower esophagus due to the wealth of calcium.
- improve bowel movement, reduce inflammation, pain and discomfort, decrease the occurrence of gas in the intestine.
A cup of yogurt a day keeps a doctor away . Click to Tweet Here are detailed instructions on how to apply yogurt to treat acid reflux. You can follow this easy to alleviate the problem of acid reflux method
- Use a cup of plain yogurt and low-fat free.
- The use of this yogurt 1 or 2 times a day to ensure that your digestion is the most effective and reduce the symptoms of acid reflux.
Further information: 21 ways on how to treat heartburn naturally at home
2. Yogurt and Ginger
ginger is known as a digestive juice has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps to have better digestion. It also absorbs stomach acids and helps in the digestion procedure so that it can cure inflammation and irritation of the esophagus. When mixing yogurt with ginger, the mix can help make the necessary proteins and nutrients from food into your body.
- 1 cup yogurt
- A fresh ginger root
- first, fresh ginger and peel the skin off and washed.
- Then add a cup of yogurt with chopped ginger and mix them together
- Finally, use this mixture on a regular basis to prevent acid reflux.
3. Yogurt and honey
may be the easiest mix that helps promote digestion and prevent acid reflux.
These are easy guides on how to use yogurt to treat acid reflux.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- first, yogurt and honey above together stirred.
- Then the mixture eating as soon as acid reflux symptoms appear.
4. yogurt, lemon juice and ginger
the combination of yogurt, lemon juice and ginger is also an excellent way of using yogurt for acid reflux treatment.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- first, make the mixture of 3 above ingredients
- Then this mixture consumed on a regular basis.
- Remember to use low fat Greek yogurt for more effective outflow of acid relief.
5. Yogurt and fruit shakes
the consumption of the mixture of yogurt and fruit smoothie is another way to take the necessary nutrients from a natural source for the digestion system. It is easy, fast and effective to apply. They are not only tasteful and easily digestible but also does not cause any heartburn and acid reflux.
Here are simple instructions on how to use yogurt to treat acid reflux.
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons honey or sugar
- 1 banana
- 1 peach
- ½ cup strawberries
- ¼ cup mango
- ¼ cup pineapple
- first, cut these fruits into small pieces after peeling skin .
- Then put them all and yogurt in a blender and make it smooth.
- Then honey or white sugar added to the mixture and stir well poured.
- Now, add ice or frozen ice cream get a fruit smoothie.
- Finally, drink every day.
Further information: benefits Natural yogurt mask: Top 11 advantages
6. cereal yogurt and fruits
the consumption of yogurt with cereal with other fruits can supply you with all the necessary nutrients and maintain the digestion process. You must use this mixture every morning to have a day full of energy.
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup of fiber rich cereals
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2/3 cups of fruits
- A bowl of takeout or serving container
- first, cut your favorites, such as kiwi, strawberries, nectarines, apples, plums, fruits etc.
- Then divide the cereal between 2 parts, 1 ½ cup serving dishes.
- Now, spread yogurt on cereals and then add the fruits too.
- Finally, add honey to it and consume this mixture every morning.
7. Combine yogurt? with pistachios and strawberries
If the yogurt is known as an alkaline food that helps prevent acid reflux, strawberries are also low in acid, which helps relieve heartburn and acid reflux. Besides that, nuts and pistachios are also useful in the treatment of acid reflux. So the combination of three ingredients is excellent to prevent acid reflux.
- 1 large container of yogurt
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted pistachios
- 2 teaspoons honey
- first, cut the strawberries and pistachios into small pieces.
- Then put the strawberries in yogurt and stir, then sprinkle over honey.
- Now, spray the mixture with pistachios.
- Finally, consume the food for 1 or 2 times a week.
8. yogurt and flaxseed
flaxseed is considered to be very rich in fiber, which allows your digestive system to function effectively and neutralize the acid in the intestine.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon linseed
- first, the amount of yoghurt is stirred and linseed above.
- Then the mixture consume regularly to get a calming effect on the stomach.
Further information: List of health benefits and beauty of flax seeds – 17 amazing tips
9. Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt has less lactose than regular liquid yogurt. It is also low in fat and widely used in the kitchen. This yoghurt is very beneficial in preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- 6 cups Greek yogurt lowfat
- 5 cups of granola
- candied ginger 2 teaspoons
- 1.5 cups of raspberries
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Wide resealable bag
- first, chop the candied ginger and dried cherries.
- Then mix the ginger, cherries on top with granola.
- Then add the yogurt in a large resealable bag and then trim the end.
- Now, put a layer of yogurt about 1 inch thick at the bottom of a dish little that is about 5 inches deep and 7.5 inches in diameter.
- After that, add raspberries and sprinkle over honey.
- Then put 3 cups of granola in the mix.
- Now, add yogurt and raspberries in the layer again.
- Here decorate with candied ginger and pour over with honey.
- Finally, consume 2 to 3 times a week.
How to choose the best yogurt for the treatment of acid reflux:
should follow these tips to choose a good yogurt to your problem:
- yogurt is low in fat or fat-free
- Natural yogurt is often free of sugars instead a single flavor.
- If you like plain yogurt, you should add non-acidic fruits such as melons, peaches and berries to sweeten naturally.
- Use yogurt that is rich in bacteria called probiotics so help maintain the balance between good and bad bacteria in your body.
In addition to using yogurt for acid reflux, you should take these habits:
- quit because this activity can affect the digestive system and the esophagus
- Going for a walk after each meal can stimulate digestion.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing shed as it restricts increases digestion and acid reflux.
- Do not eat before two to three hours before going to bed because the food consumed will not be fully digested.
For more information related to health problems, go to our Home Health . After studying writing 9 useful methods on using yogurt for treating acid reflux, I hope this article will help you learn some easy and simple ways to use this fermented food to treat acid reflux. All these remedies are safe, natural, cost effective and easily accessible for the treatment of acid reflux. But do not forget that you have to try the remedies only after conducting a small test, check your body reaction, and continue with them to keep acid reflux at bay. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them then I will respond as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways to use yogurt to treat acid reflux.