The greatest tragedy of the culture that I live is the lack of connection we have with our food there is no property -. Children inhale a box of cereal or a muffin wrapped in plastic just try it, instead of savoring the love and attention they enter a homemade biscuit.
When children have something, you appreciate it more.
When children are given the tools to make their own food (both physical tools and how to use them, along with the skills to cook) we raise a culture of children grow more independent and less dependent on processed foods.
But taking the extra time to show them how to properly follow a recipe, and guide them to peel, cut and spin has given me children at the age of 5 can be cut successfully, pit, and the fourth in a pot one bushel of peaches to make peach butter.
Here are some tips to get in on the action!
- Let them help plan : Set the recipes and let them help with the grocery store or the list of farmer’s markets Talk about what is in season, show how to stretch it all! chicken that will last all week, talk about the family reunion you need to baking biscuits. There are more lessons here than just food -. budgets, resources, etc. are all life skills that are valuable
- Let them help you shop : Show them how to choose that piece of fruit or vegetable. They find the item on the shelf and take it.
- Let them help food preparation : From 18 months old or so you can start having those little with you in the sink wash products, rolling elements that have cut on a plate, and help overturn a measuring cup of flour in a bowl. at age 2 or 3 they will do on your own! Get those pumpkins on the counter for them to remove seeds. Let them help pull the chicken was a roast chicken (after it has cooled down!). As you become more reliable you can work with a small knife slicing simple skills. You will be amazed to see how proud they will be when they conquer this!
- Let’s help cook : Get your hand on hers and show how to remove a pasta dish to stand up with you in the pot stir soup and see. and then you can get your hand on them to help them learn to do it themselves. Let your ancient practice 4 or 5 years to launch a wipe with a spatula and then let them try a cake in the pan with your help. The look of accomplishment on her face is priceless.
- Let them help clean up and serve : Practice walking with empty trays for the first time about 3 years or so and add a bowl / plate / empty cup. After a while practicing, fill the bowls and glasses with water, and progress from there. Teach them how to clean up after their tasks in the kitchen and let them do the dishes – Yes! It takes much more time at first. But before knowing that a 5 year old can do virtually the dishes herself.
****** TIME GIFT! ******
is even more exciting to get into your kitchen to make things happen when you have kitchen utensils amazing! I am excited to be a host for a gift brought to you by MightyNest! You can enter to win $ 250 on baking essentials that you and the kids can have fun with this fall!
MightyNest is known to provide natural, organic and non-toxic products. Everything you find on your site is selected to be free of toxic ingredients known as BPA, PVC, phthalates, lead, formaldehyde, flame retardants, parabens and more. In addition, at any time ordering of MightyNest, which will give 15% back to the school of their choice. It’s a great way to use safer products and support your local school!
I can not wait to hear everything you do in their kitchens this season!
This is what we are going to give away!
- 2 cup Bake & Store
- 4 Cup Bake & Store
- resistance silicone Spatula
- airtight spice Jar
- Brownie Spatula
- measuring spoons
- measuring Cups
- Cast Iron Pan Pan
- 10 “Bundt Pan
- baking / roasting Stone
- Mini Muffin Pan
- mixing spoon silicone
- 12 x 17 chopping bamboo
- stainless steel Whisk
to enter the draw, use the widget down!
Stop by the FB page every blogger to show support and give them a “like” to help host this incredible gift
- Five Little Settlers
- Imperfect housewife
- Fueled Generation Breeding
- learning and longing
- we get actual
- Montana Homesteader
- Oh things that will make
- A flourishing life
- The new sheet welfare
- live simply
the 5 tips to get kids excited about the Real Food & Getting around in the kitchen PLUS $ 250 MightyNest DRAW! appeared for the first time in Increased Fueled Generation .