Acid reflux, also commonly called acid indigestion, often results from a lack of LES (sphincter lower) esophageal shrink after consuming food, which causes stomach acid to regurgitate into the esophagus. Acid reflux causes heartburn but without pain. However, in some severe cases it will occur gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Sodium bicarbonate (also called sodium bicarbonate) is a white crystalline compound used as a gastric antacid, which helps in alkaline urine and washing body cavities. Sodium bicarbonate is used successfully to treat acid reflux.
This article Vkool.com show 5 helpful ways on how to use baking soda for acid reflux relief without any side effects. This article discusses the best methods that use baking soda along with some other natural ingredients to treat acid reflux effectively at home from reliable sources listed. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and is solely for informational purposes. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on using baking soda to relieve acid reflux.
How to use baking soda for acid reflux relief? – Votes 5 ways
You will get immediate relief from acid reflux when used sodium bicarbonate as a remedy for it. You can take a look at their natural properties for how fast is acid reflux.
- Sodium bicarbonate is one of the effective methods to treat acid reflux. Whenever suffers from this problem, stomach acid burns causing indigestion along with discomfort. Baking soda helps neutralize stomach acids and prevent acid reflux. Being a fast-acting antacid, baking soda will provide immediate relief of acid reflux, heartburn, stomach pain and indigestion, etc.
- In addition, it also works as a good alkaline substance in your digestive tract that helps neutralize stomach acids. With the decreased level of acidity, the acid content in the stomach, will not have the ability to move into the esophagus and thus reduce the burning sensation in the throat and chest.
- You can help maintain balanced pH level in your bloodstream. This will reduce the levels of acid in the stomach, preventing the harmful effects of this disease.
1. Baking soda and water
This is one of the effective remedies that are commonly used in some treatments acid reflux and heartburn. Here are detailed instructions on how to use baking soda to relieve acid reflux. You must follow this simple method to reduce the problem of acid reflux.
- Baking soda – 1 tablespoon
- Water – ½ cup
- initially, sodium bicarbonate is added to the water glass.
- Subsequently, they can be mixed thoroughly.
- Finally, drink slowly and completely.
- should drink this water every time you suffer from this problem. However, you have to consult your doctor if you are having continuous acid reflux problem. This will give only short-term relief of acid reflux.
Further information: beauty benefits of sodium bicarbonate in the skin
2. Baking soda, honey and hot water
in addition to working as a calming agent, organic honey can help adjust the pH of the body and neutralize stomach acids. Therefore, you should have a spoonful of honey before bedtime or follow these instructions on how to use baking soda to relieve acid reflux.
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- first, baking soda, honey and a cup of hot water is taken.
- Then add baking soda and honey in the cup and stir well to baking soda is completely dissolved in the water.
- Finally, this water is consumed completely. In this way it helps reduce the burning sensation and provide relief from acid reflux.
- must repeat this remedy continually increasingly suffering from acid reflux.
3. Baking soda, apple cider vinegar and water
- sodium bicarbonate – ¼ teaspoon
- apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 200 milligrams
- first, it takes baking soda, apple cider vinegar and water.
- Then mix baking soda and vinegar in the water to dissolve completely.
- Finally, this water is drunk slowly when the stomach is empty.
- You can have it for 2 or 3 times a day for no more than five days.
- If you suffer from severe acid reflux, mix baking soda (2 tablespoons) of vinegar apple cider (2 tablespoons) in water and drink this water for 2 or 3 times a day to get relief from acid reflux completely.
- Because of the mixture of sodium bicarbonate and sodium bicarbonate this vinegar creates a lot of bubbles, which should make this process a large empty jar and pour the vinegar very slowly to avoid creating bubbles. You must choose a minimum of apple vinegar pH 6.0 to stop the erosion of enamel.
4. Baking soda, lemon juice and hot water
lemon juice helps create calcium carbonate that neutralizes the digestive acids.
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – a few drops
- Warm water – 1 cup
- first, baking soda and lemon juice is taken
- Later , you can mix well in the cup of warm water.
- Finally, just drink this water.
- should continue to do so regularly to treat acid reflux.
Further information: Health and beauty benefits of lemon juice, oil, and peel
5. Baking soda, juice lemon, apple cider vinegar and water
vinegar is a natural acid that helps in digestion, helping to break down fats and to prevent acid reflux. Acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps better digestion thanks to its digestive properties of alkaline base. Here are simple instructions on how to use baking soda to relieve acid reflux you should try!
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar – a few drops
- Juice lemon – a few drops
- Water – 1 cup
- first, baking takes sodium, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Then add the glass of water.
- Finally, mix well and slowly consume this solution.
- should continue to drink this water regularly.
should follow these precautions while you are using baking soda to treat acid reflux safe and without side effects on health.
- Although baking soda can reduce heartburn with acid reflux, but can also lead to some undesirable, such as gases in the stomach side effects which in turn leads to bloating, belching, discomfort, pain and nausea.
- prolonged use of baking soda can affect the process of digestion due to over neutralize stomach acids.
- You can also raise blood pressure, especially when you suffer from pre-hypertension or is sensitive to sodium found in baking soda. You should consult your doctor if you are on salt-restricted diet.
- Do not confuse about baking powder with baking soda. They are different and you have to keep baking soda in large quantities, as it can cause diarrhea.
- You do not give their children under 5 years old. For adults, which has no more than six glasses of water a day and for the elderly, do not give them more than 3 glasses. Make sure you do not have more than two weeks ago.
- Sodium bicarbonate level is reduced minerals and vitamins in your body, especially B vitamins and folic acid chromium. It should be taken on an empty stomach ie either 1 hour before or 3 hours after eating their meals.
- By dissolving sodium bicarbonate in water, will release the carbon dioxide that cause effervescence. This effervescence the lower esophageal sphincter opens to help burping and relieve pressure from swelling. However, the opening of the lower esophageal sphincter also allow the stomach contents reflux into the esophagus.
- Make sure the baking soda should be completely dissolved in the water before drinking it. You should also consult your doctor if you are getting a stomachache after drinking this solution.
sodium bicarbonate aids in preventing acid reflux moment. However, only it gives a temporary problem relief and should follow a few tips, such as quitting smoking, avoid drinking, avoid eating fat, spicy, fatty foods, avoid the food that causes heartburn or acid reflux, etc. It will certainly help to treat heartburn and acid reflux problem completely.
For more information related to health problems, go to our Home Conditions and Diseases . After studying writing of 5 useful methods for the use baking soda to relieve acid reflux, I hope this article will help you learn some easy and simple to use baking soda for acid reflux treatment forms. All of these remedies are safe, natural, costeffective and easily available soda bicarbonate cures for treating acid reflux. But do not forget that you have to try the remedies only after conducting a small test in a certain amount and then check your body reaction and after that continue to hold off diarrhea. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them then I will respond as soon as possible. Also, you can share your experiences with us if you know other ways to use baking soda to relieve acid reflux.