Let’s talk about the word “S”. New research shows that sex can help keep your mind sharp as a tack as you get older -. And I’m not surprised
Sex can be a great tool to protect or improve their health
Researchers in the UK recently tested more than 6,800 people between the ages of 50 and 89. The who they have an active sex life scored an impressive 23% higher on cognitive tests of words that have a dormant sex life. 1
This is because sex hormones are related to the reward center of the brain. And reward processing plays a key role in motivation, learning and cognition -. For both men and women
Here in Institute Sears for Anti-Aging Medicine , I tell my patients that age It must be a problem when it comes to sex. Older people engaged in regular sexual activity have better brain health and are less likely to lose memory.
Why sex is good for you?
Sex stimulates the brain and helps fight against dementia .
And contrary to what you may hear from health experts about “slowdown” which is natural to have sex at 70 and 80 years. 2
Sex has many health benefits, I would like to write prescriptions for it.
One minute, I’ll tell you about some of natural sexual stimulators I recommend to my patients.
But first, let’s take a look at the weight of research evidence, which shows how well that regular sexual activity is for you.
Numerous studies of the lifestyles of older people, including 70-odd years, reveal that regular sex can help you live a longer and more active life. 3.4
And a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, showed that men who have sex sex at least four times a week were 30% less likely to develop prostate cancer than men who had sex twice a week or less. 5
In other studies, men who have sex at least twice a week were 50% less likely to develop heart disease that those sex once a month. 6
However, his brain is one of the biggest beneficiaries.
What are the benefits of sex?
Regular sex can also relieve headaches migraine and avoid stress depression and others mental illness . 7 8,9,10
You see, the latest advances in neuroscience show that the brain’s reward system is a neural circuit that induces the sensation of pleasure when activated by something we enjoy, like food or good music.
That is why the reward pathway has evolved to meet the unity of the human species to survive -. So get pleasure from things like eating and sex
And that is why I always recommend natural ways to increase your sexual life -. Remedies that have worked for thousands of years without side effects
Here are three of my natural sex boosters preferred:
- L-arginine and L -citrulline: I recommend patients – both men and women – Adopt a diet rich in these biochemical cousins. They are amino acids that combine to create nitric oxide, which increases blood flow to give your sex life a real lift. 11.12
Major food sources include :. Peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, nuts, tuna, chicken, salmon, shrimp, eggs and watermelon
supplement capsules are available online and in most health food stores. I recommend 1,000 mg daily doses of L-citrulline and 6,000 mg of L-arginine.
- Beet juice: The Romans are known to have drank beet juice two hours before having sex. It has also been shown to increase the performance of your bedroom of men and women, raising the levels of nitric oxide. The ability of beet to improve circulation has been documented in numerous studies. 13
Beet juice also contains boron, a mineral that stimulates the body to produce testosterone men. 14 drink it straight or mix a teaspoon of beet with fruit juice. You can also obtain capsules beet online or in health food stores. I recommend 1,000 mg daily.
- Fenugreek: This Mediterranean herb has been used to treat male dysfunction by healers for centuries. Recent scientific studies confirm that fenugreek helps increase levels of testosterone in the body. 15 and has also been shown to enhance a woman’s libido.
You can buy fenugreek specialty grocery in India. Or you can take supplements, which come as seeds, powders or capsules. I recommend 500 mg daily.
To your good health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
1. Wright H, Jenks AR. Sex on the Brain! Associations between sexual activity and cognitive function in old age. Age Ageing. 2016 Jan 28. pii: afv197. [Epub ahead of print] 2. Lee, D. M., et al. “Sexual health and well-being of men and older women in England :. The results of longitudinal aging study English” Archives of Sexual Behavior. January 27, 2015. DOI: 10.1007 / s10508-014-0465-1. Print ISSN :. 1573-2800
3. Smith, G. E., et al. “Sex and death: Are they related results Caerphilly Cohort Study?.” British Medical Journal. December 20 to 27, 1997. 315, 1641-4.
4. Persson, G. Psychiatrica.1981 Sep Act “Mortality five years in a 70-year-old urban population in relation to psychiatric diagnosis, personality, sexuality and early death of parents.”; 64 (3): 244-53.
5. Leitzmann, M. F., et al. “Frequency of ejaculation and the subsequent risk of prostate cancer.” JAMA. 291 (13), 1978-1986. 5.
6. Lee, D. M., Nazroo j, Pendleton N. International Journal of Impotence Research 27, 146-151 (July / August) | doi: 10.1038 / ijir.2015.4
7. Nicolosi, Alfredo, et al. “A population study of the association between sexual function, sexual satisfaction, and depressive symptoms in men.” Journal of Affective Disorders. 82, 235-43.
8. Evans, R. and W. Couch, J. R. “The orgasm and migraine.” Headache. 41, 512-4.
9. Nicolosi, Alfredo, et al. “A population study of the association between sexual function, sexual satisfaction, and depressive symptoms in men.” Journal of Affective Disorders. 82, 235-43.
10. Stiefelhagen, S. “Social-erotic services.” Presentation at the Symposium on sexuality, relationships and Psychiatry. Eindhoven, Rutgers Foundation. As quoted in Gianotten, et al., 2007.
11. Boger, R. H., et al. “Restoring the formation of vascular nitric oxide L-arginine improves symptoms of intermittent claudication in patients with peripheral arterial occlusive disease.” J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998 Nov; 32 (5) :. 1336-1344
12. Cormio L et al. “Oral L-citrulline supplementation improves erection hardness in men with mild erectile dysfunction.” Urology 2011 Jan; 77 (1): 119-22
13. Hobbs, D. A., et al “Acute ingestion of bread beet increases endothelium-independent vasodilation and reduces diastolic blood pressure in healthy men :. A randomized controlled trial”. J Nutr. 2013 Sep; 143 (9): 1399-405. doi: 10.3945 / jn.113.175778. Epub 2013 Jul 24.
14. Naghii, M. R., and Samman, S. “The role of boron in nuitrition and metabolism.” Prog Food Sci Nutr. 1993 Oct-Dec; 17 (4) :. 331-49
15. Steels, E. et al. “Physiological aspects of male libido enhanced by standardized fenugreek extract and mineral formulation. The phototherapy Research Vol. 25, No. 9 pages 1294-1300, September 2011.