A sprain is a short way of saying that is stretched or torn a muscle. Often it occurs when the joint injuries the ligaments that connect the bones of the joint is twisted.
ankle sprains may be the result of walking or running on uneven ground, heavy lifting, accidents, and the use of high-heeled shoes. People with ankle sprains experience some common problems such as limited range of motion, pain, bruising and swelling symptoms.
Indeed, Sprain can vary from mild to severe. If severe sprains need medical attention, a slight ankle sprain can be easily treated at home with some simple and effective ways.
At this writing, VKool.com will show you Top 26 ways to treat ankle sprain fast at home without any side effects. This article discusses the best ways to treat this problem from reliable sources listed. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and is solely for informational purposes. Read this article to understand more!
Top 26 ways on how to treat ankle sprain quick home
1. turmeric, lemon juice, the limestone powder and water
turmeric is a great pain reliever, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. Click to Tweet Moreover, antispasmodic effect in turmeric can relax the muscles, joints and tissues and help reduce swelling and pain. Therefore, this is one of the effective ways on how to treat sprained fast ankle at home you should try
Channel 1: Turmeric powder and water
- turmeric powder – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Water – enough to create a paste
- a cloth
- first, water turmeric is added and mix to a smooth paste.
- Then boil the pasta a bit.
- Then apply this paste on his sprained ankle, preferably at night.
- Now, a cloth on turmeric poultice is placed.
- If you do not apply at night, allowed to stand for at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Finally, the paste with warm water washed.
Route 2: turmeric powder, lemon juice and hot water
- turmeric powder – 2 teaspoons
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- A little warm water
- A bandage
- first, turmeric powder, lemon juice mixed, and thus the hot water to create a thick paste.
- Then apply the paste on the sprained ankle.
- Then also it wrapped with bandage.
- Now, it is left for 9 to 10 hours and may do it again every 10 hours.
- should continue to repeat this treatment for a week.
Track 3: Turmeric powder, water and limestone powder
- turmeric powder – 1 tablespoon
- limestone powder – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- A bandage
- first, turmeric powder, water and limestone powder well to create a thick paste is mixed.
- Then, the paste is heated for a few minutes.
- then applied to the affected area before going to bed area.
- Now, it is placed with the dressing.
- After that, leave overnight.
- Finally, the bandage is removed next morning.
- can do it this way for 2 or 3 days.
- In the case of immense pain, you can add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk. Then, stir well and drink this twice a day for a week.
Read more: health benefits of turmeric for humans
2. Ice cubes
Looking for natural ways on how to treat ankle injury fast at home, using an ice cube is the best choice for you. It can help greatly to reduce swelling, pain and inflammation. In addition, ice protects your ligaments become inflamed and bleeding from any torn ligaments stops. You should apply ice cubes over the affected areas during the first 2 to 3 days after injury.
- – Ice cubes 1 cup
- first, in these ice cubes are placed in the towel.
- Then apply the pack on the injured area for 20 to 25 min.
- You can repeat the same process every 2 to 3 hours.
- If the ice is not readily available, you can use a frozen vegetable package.
Caution :. Do not put these ice directly on the skin, as it may cause damage to the skin
3. Arnica, coconut oil, peppermint oil and lavender oil
Arnica is widely used for healing and strengthening the muscles and joints. Furthermore, it is also an excellent anti-inflammatory property that can aid in reducing swelling, inflammation and pain. In addition, arnica increases circulation and help prevent bruises in the injured area.
Here are two ways to treat ankle injury using arnica along with other ingredients to follow.
Path 1: arnica oil
- Arnica oil – 1 teaspoon
- a bandage
- first, arnica oil is applied in diluted form to the affected area.
- Then, gently massage.
- Then the bandage over this area is placed.
- Now, leave it there for 5 to 6 hours.
- Finally, this dressing is removed and repeat the same process again after several hours.
- can do it this way for a few days until the ankle is fully healed.
- Or may apply ointment or balm arnica as a compress or cream two or three times per day.
Caution: Some people who are sensitive to arnica try a test before using it on the affected area. In addition, arnica not apply where the skin has open wounds.
Track 2: flowers arnica montana, coconut oil, peppermint oil and lavender oil
- arnica montana dried flowers – 2 cups
- granules beeswax – ½ cup
- coconut oil – 2 cups
- The peppermint oil – ¼ teaspoon
- lavender oil – ¼ teaspoon
- A water bath
- A gauze
- A mason jar
- first, crush finely arnica flowers with your hands.
- Then the grass is placed in the water bath and pour coconut oil in the boiler to completely cover the grass.
- Then, cover and let infuse over low heat for 12 to 24 hours. You can shake them between a couple of times. Make sure these flowers remain immersed in this oil and does not get too hot.
- After that, get off the instrument and let this mixture cool for 1 hour.
- While this is coconut oil in liquid form, which place this gauze on the bottle and pour the mixture over it.
- Then the infusion of new oil poured into the water bath and set on low or medium heat.
- Now, the beeswax is added and then whisk until the beeswax is dissolved.
- Then you take it out of the heat and let it cool for a while and mixed with lavender oil and peppermint oil.
- Finally, to store the ointment in a bowl whatever he wants.
- Now, it can be applied on the sprained ankle when necessary.
Further information: simple uses and benefits of extra virgin coconut oil for health
to reduce swelling, should be compressed or bandaging his sprained ankle as soon as the injury. compression aids in controlling pain and prevent further injury. For this compression, it is possible to use elastic bands, special boots, or tape.
Here is the detail about how to treat sprained ankle using compression to try!
- First, you can buy an elastic band at a pharmacy .
- Then wrap this bandage from the toes to the mid-calf, with a little pressure. should not wrap too tightly as it can restrict blood flow.
- Now, to keep the bandage throughout the day until the swelling is reduced.
- Finally, this dressing is removed before going to sleep.
. Note: have to remove the bandage immediately if the affected area begins to feel numb or become blue
Further information: The book HEM system ankle rehabilitation
5. sweet marjoram oil
is extracted from marjorana Origanum oil, sweet marjoram contains many therapeutic properties as an analgesic, antiseptic, antiviral, antispasmodic, antifungal, and antibacterial properties that can help reduce swelling and pain of ankle sprain. Thanks to its pain killing properties and muscle relaxant, sweet marjoram oil is widely used to treat sprains and rheumatic pains to reduce swollen joints and sore muscles.
- oil, sweet marjoram – a few drops
- Cold water
- A foot [19459023Basin]
- initially, sweet marjoram oil is added in the foot basin filled with cold water.
- Then soak a towel in the water.
- Then wring out the towel to remove excess water.
- Finally, this towel is placed for ankle sprain.
- may continue in this manner when necessary.
6. Garlic, coconut oil and almond oil
Garlic is one other effective ways on how to treat ankle sprain should be treated. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory agents, garlic can help reduce pain and inflammation. In addition, its healing properties, along with its ability to increase strength and energy of your body the healing process will accelerate.
Path 1: Garlic juice and coconut oil
- garlic juice – 1 tablespoon
- warm coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- initially , garlic juice and hot oil coconut mixed thoroughly.
- Then this mixture on the affected area gently rubbed.
- then stays on for 30 minutes.
- Finally, the area with warm water washed.
- may be used for this simple three or four times a day for several days.
Track 2: Garlic oil and almond oil
- garlic oil – 1 teaspoon
- almond oil – 1 teaspoon
- initially, garlic oil and almond oil mixed together.
- Then massage your affected area with this mixture.
- You can do this process daily for 2 or 3 times a day. This remedy can also be used to cure arthritis and rheumatism.
7. White willow bark and grain alcohol
white willow bark is an herb pain relief Natural it is containing salicin. salicin becomes salicylic acid when it enters your body. In fact, salicylic acid is a natural compound that can relieve inflammation and pain. Salicylic acid acts as an active ingredient of aspirin known as aspirin. Furthermore, the inner bark of white willow contains compounds that are termed esters of phenolic glycosides. Once you consume the inner bark, gut microorganisms will transform these compounds in saligenin. And then, saligenin oxidized in the liver and blood, resulting salicylic acid. Salicylic acid can reduce pain by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis in sensory nerves. Therefore, it can take tincture of white willow bark or tea to relieve pain caused by his sprained ankle. This is another way that should not happen if you really want to learn how to treat sprained ankle fast at home.
- 1/5 of the white willow bark
- 4/5 grain alcohol
- a gauze
- a quart jar with a lid
- a dark bottles
- initially, the white willow bark is placed in this jar.
- Then fill the jar to the top with grain alcohol.
- Next, stir well and place this jar in a dark, cool place for 2 to 3 months.
- After that, strain by using gauze.
- Then pour into dark glass bottles to store and label well.
- then store these bottles in a dark place away from the sun, but do not put them in the refrigerator.
- When you want to use, it takes 30 to 60 drops in a glass.
- Then these drops tincture is diluted with clean water and consumed.
- You may have that for 3 to 4 times per day.
Caution: In fact, white willow bark can thin the blood. Therefore, if you are taking blood thinners, not the herb is used. Moreover, you do not give the grass for their children.
8. Epsom salt and water
Epsom salt is another popular way on how to treat injury the rapid ankle in the hat house should not be ignored. Magnesium sulfate that is very effective to calm your sore muscles and nearby nerves calm. You can buy Epsom salt in most discount stores or pharmacies.
- Epsom salt – 1 cup
- Hot water
- first, Epsom salt in the bath full of hot water is poured.
- Subsequently, it can be removed by hand so that the salt dissolves in water.
- Now, the ankle sprain is soaked in the water for about 30 minutes.
- can do it this way twice a day for three to four days.
9. lemongrass oil and olive oil
Lemongrass essential oil has analgesic, antiseptic, antibacterial , fungicide, astringent, and many other properties. It can help relieve pain in joints and muscles. It has a useful feature that can regenerate ligaments and connective tissues and therefore is an excellent way of how to treat ankle sprain at home. In addition, its antiseptic properties can also heal wounds effectively. It also contains astringent properties that help stop bleeding from wounds. Also, astringents can constrict blood vessels that reduce blood flow. However, it must be diluted with a little carrier oil before applying to the areas otherwise sprain can cause rashes in some people with sensitive skin.
- Olive oil – 4 parts
- oil lemongrass – 1 part
- first, the lemongrass oil with olive oil mixed well.
- Then apply this mixture on your sprained ankle.
- Then rub gently for a few minutes.
- You can repeat this simple way of 3 to 4 times per day.
10. rosemary leaves and grain alcohol
herb rosemary contains excellent antioxidant properties and anti- inflammatory properties that can help get rid of ankle sprain. When body tissues are damaged, the white blood cells are produced chemicals to remove the damage and there will be increased blood flow to the damaged area. Certain liquids also precipitate this affected area. This results in swelling and redness. A tincture is made from leaves of rosemary can be applied topically in his sprained ankle. This is one of other simple ways on how to treat ankle injury fast at home.
- grain alcohol
- rosemary leaves
- A jar
- bottles glass dark
- A gauze
- first, you chop enough rosemary leaves finely to almost fill the jar.
- Then chopped leaves are placed in the jar.
- Then top it off with grain alcohol.
- Now covering this jar with a lid and place in a dark place for 4-6 weeks.
- After that, they tested the grass with gauze.
- Then save the tincture of rosemary leaves in these dark bottles.
- You can request this dye in his sprained ankle when necessary.
Read more: Health and beauty benefits of olive oil
11. Castor oil
the use of castor oil is another effective way for you if you are finding how to treat ankle sprain at home. Being a triglyceride, castor oil includes primarily ricinoleic acid containing anti-inflammatory properties.
- Castor oil – a bowl
- A cotton cloth
- A water bottle hot
- initially, cotton fabric is folded a couple of times to create a cushion and then dip the pad in the container castor oil.
- Then attach the pad to the affected area and secure with a few layers of plastic wrap area.
- Now, the hot water bottle is placed on this package of castor oil for 30 minutes.
- After that, keep the sprained ankle in an elevated position for several minutes area.
- Then remove the package.
- Finally, massage the remaining oil on your skin.
- You can repeat this treatment for 2 or 3 times a day for 2 days.
Further information: beauty benefits of castor oil for hair and skin
12. White Fir Essential Oil
Besides being a powerful antioxidant due to its content of d-limonene, white fir oil is also an anti-inflammatory strong. Moreover, it is widely used and successful for tired and aching joints and muscles, especially for pain caused by swelling.
You can try the following way you explain about how to treat ankle sprain at home with white fir oil.
- 1 part oil white fir
- 1 part of any vegetable oil
- initially, both oils are mixed together.
- Then pour few drops of the oil mixture to the affected area.
- Finally, rub gently for a few minutes.
- You can repeat this method for 2 to 4 times a day.
13. onion and salt
onion is used usually as one of the best ways to treat ankle sprain and jammed fingers, arthritis and rheumatism, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, onions can also help reduce swelling, inflammation and pain.
Path 1: Onion
- 1 large onion
- A muslin
- A rubber band
- At first, you chop this onion into small pieces.
- Then put these pieces in muslin and tied with rubber band.
- Then place the muslin in its affected area for two hours. If necessary, also you can ensure this fabric with a tape.
- You can repeat this way when necessary to reduce the symptoms of this problem.
Route 2: onion and salt
- an onion
- Sal – a good amount
- an elastic bandage
- first instead, you chill the onion in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Then cut into small pieces and mix these pieces with salt.
- Now, the mixture is applied swollen ankle.
- Finally, it is placed with elastic bandage. You must request a new compress every 7-8 hours.
- can do it this way for one to two days depending on your recovery rate.
More: nutritional and health onion for all advantages
14. Helichrysum essential oil
Helichrysum contains anti-hematomatic (which may prevent blood clots), regenerative tissue, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. Thanks to all of its properties, this oil may act against secondary damage caused by free radicals, which reduce the pressure of tissue, reduce pain, and regenerate new tissue.
- First, the flower oil feed paper.
- Then apply this oil directly on the injured area.
- You can do this process for 1 to 2 times a day.
- Or, it can also be mixed with certain oils such as rosehip seed or hazelnut oil and then apply it to the affected area.
Cabbage make become good topically how to treat ankle injury fast at home. Cabbage compresses are generally used to reduce swelling in his sprains and broken bones. In addition, it is also rich in Vitamins and phytonutrients, which may help speed the healing process.
- A col
- A rolling pin
- A gauze bandage
- a plastic
- first, the outer leaves of cabbage is eliminated.
- Then he carefully Cardinals are these sheets using roller to release the juices.
- Then wrap these cabbage leaves in foil to heat in an oven. These leaves should be hot.
- Now, put these hot cabbage leaves on the painful and safe area with gauze bandage.
- Next, this area is covered with plastic wrap to keep it warm.
- Finally, it is removed after half an hour.