This mein what makes the most delicious Asian noodle bowls impersonator for lunch or quick dinner perfect!
The links in this post are affiliate links. It costs you nothing and helps maintain free information on this site and answer the questions of “what brand you use?” Please know I personally never recommend any product or service that would not use in my own family.
Oh weekends … why do you have to be so crowded ?!
This stage of life right now is my weekdays full of cabbie school balance, playmate for young children, blogger naptime, and chef pm / cleaning / boo kisser leg … so when my husband is at home on the weekends … is catch up time!
From about August my weekends have become my full-time writing job as I became charge of writing my first book, spending most of my mornings in the library so you can write (and get some free breast of children sanity break … ahem …)
I did not want to jump on nutritious meals for my family during this time, and my husband grabbed me the reins during weekends take over dinners – it makes more surprising garlic brine pork chops and meatloaf ! Usually tag team breakfast on weekends so that leaves lunch in my hands, and after a morning full of writing that really need a re-fuel that is both nutritious and fast time.
These Asian noodles quick remind me of the Lo Mein we used to get to exit when my husband and I were dating!
The sauce is super (super!) Fast to beat and everything that can be done in 15 minutes – including preparing vegetables. And of course, those magical spirilizers and julienne peelers these vegetables do feel like noodles!
Print :: 15 Asian noodles Lo Mein Minute Copycat Author: Renee – www.raisinggenerationnourished.com ingredients
- ¼ cup coconut Aminos
- 2 teaspoons honey raw ( pure sugar organic cane would be fine too)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon to taste siracha (this leaves him with a slight, pleasant heat for kids – add more if you want more heat)
- ¼ cup oil sesame (divided) or other fats used for cooking such as lard, tallow, lard! Or coconut oil
- 5-6 medium zucchini, spirilized or peeled with a julienne peeler
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ broccoli lb slices
- 2 large carrots thin, peeled with julienne peeler
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Extra green onion for garnish the top. Other options fitting that we like are chopped and / or boiled eggs nuts
- Wisk amino acids coconut, honey, sesame oil, ginger and siracha in a bowl and set aside.
- heat a tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the zucchini spirilized with a pinch of sea salt, and cook for 2 minutes (do not cook! Get very soggy!). Put the noodles cooked zucchini in a colander to drain excess liquid while cooking the rest of the vegetables.
- While drained zucchini noodles, heat the remaining sesame oil in skillet over medium heat and add the mushrooms and garlic with a pinch of sea salt. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli, carrots, green onions, and the prepared sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat. This leaves the vegetables with a little “bite” to them -. If you prefer softer you can go longer
- Add the noodles zucchini cooked (usually give them a gentle squeeze strainer to ensure the extra fluid is out) to the pan with the remaining vegetables and stir to combine. Heat through and sea salt / pepper to taste. Decorate as you wish!
For more ideas real food lunch, you can follow my table lunch ideas on Pinterest !
More real food recipes that you might like:
simple and quick Sweet & Sour Sauce