Almonds are not only a tasty snack, they are a nutritional powerhouse that offers many valuable benefits for health . Often overlooked, these nuts are one of the healthy food choices you can make.
When eating almonds, it is important to seek the variety of raw almond unwashed. This ensures that your nuts are not bathed in chemicals such as chlorine to clean them. The following is a list of some of the many health benefits obtained by adding almonds to your daily diet.
12 health benefits of almonds
1. Almonds can reduce glucose levels in the blood, helping people with diseases such as type 2 diabetes and glucose regulation reduce global appetite ( 1 ).
3. The intake of nuts like almonds reduces levels of Total cholesterol LDL cholesterol , Apo B, and triglycerides ( 3 ). In a study on 65 people with pre-diabetes, a diet consisting of 20% of calories in the form of almonds over a period of 16 weeks it is effective in improving markers of insulin sensitivity and yields clinically significant improvements in LDL cholesterol levels in adults with pre ( 12 ) diabetes.
4. Weight loss – studies have shown that almonds were effective in reducing total body weight of individuals, and sustained weight loss after observation periods. It was concluded that supplementation of almond offers a potential role in reducing obesity epidemic problem ( 4 ) ( 10 ).
5. Almonds are a alkaline forming foods. Almonds, chestnuts, chia seeds and sesame seeds are all alkalizing nuts. In contrast, most other nuts and seeds are slightly acid formation. It is important to keep proper acid / alkaline balance for optimal health.
6. Almonds are rich in magnesium, which is a key mineral responsible for hundreds of important metabolic functions in the human body. Other rich dietary sources of magnesium are whole grains and unrefined seeds, cocoa and green leafy vegetables. The daily dietary intake of magnesium is often below the recommended in Western countries. In fact, it is recognized that magnesium deficiency can lead to many disorders of the human body, where, for example, is believed to play an important role in the etiology of magnesium depletion following; cardiovascular disease (including thrombosis, atherosclerosis, ishaemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, hypertension, arrhythmias and congestive heart failure in humans), as well as diabetes mellitus, gastrointestinal (GI) of the tract disease, liver cirrhosis and diseases thyroid and parathyroid glands, among others. Inadequate magnesium intake can also significantly affect the development and exacerbation of (Attention Disorder Hyperactivity Disorder) between deficit and symptoms of ADHD in children ( 5 ).
7. All seed almond ( Prunus dulcis ) has been shown to possess potent radical Free removal activity , which it is related to the presence of phenolic compounds ( 6 ). These properties give phenolic antioxidant almond powerful features ( 13 ).
8. Almonds are a good source of calcium and other bone strengthening nutrients. Because they contain minerals like magnesium , phosphorus and calcium, these nuts help maintain or even improve dental and bone health (7).
9. Almonds protect against some cancers. Studies have shown that consumption of these nuts can be very effective in preventing certain types of cancers. Specifically, high intake of peanuts, nuts, and almonds appears to be a protective factor for developing breast cancer cancer ( 8 ).
10. dietary nutrients found in nuts may play a vital role in the protection of brain dysfunction of age-related neurodegenerative diseases and memory. Nuts, including almonds have shown potential to fight brain dysfunction associated with age. These components in almonds and other nuts have shown promise as a possible dietary supplements to prevent or delay the onset of cognitive dysfunction associated with age and amnesia ( 9 ).
11. Almonds are loaded with vitamin E. Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant, it helps eliminate free radicals and helps repair and regenerate the skin. Vitamin E has also been shown to help cholesterol balance and balance hormones so it is an incredibly valuable vitamin. Almonds have 32.98 mg of vitamin E per 1 cup portion is 218% of RDA established by the USDA .
12. Almonds have been proven to help reduce the risk of certain cardiovascular diseases, including coronary heart disease. This reduced risk is probably due to fat (protein and fiber) components and monounsaturated fatty acids almond ( 11 ).
As you can see, the almond is a healthy food powerful with a wide range of unique health benefits. Not only a delight, they actually provide an easy way to boost health and wellness.
Almonds offer a wide range of health benefits, helping to lower blood glucose, reduce hunger, reduce inflammation, helps eliminate free radicals, promote bone and strength of the teeth, protect the brain from degeneration and memory loss, helps prevent cancer and even help promote weight loss! However, almonds are a whole advocate of healthy foods.