We all know that our health depends on what we eat. Our diet consists of different varieties of foods that are prepared and processed using different methods. During preparation, storage and processing of various changes to foods obtained naturally and some of these changes are harmful to the body’s cells occur. There are many foods that are considered carcinogenic or act as cancer-causing agents and therefore should be avoided altogether, if you want to enjoy a healthy life for a long time. Cancer is one of the most feared diseases of the modern age and diet plays an important role in causing cancer, and other factors such as genetics, exposure to chemicals and lifestyle. To avoid the risk of cancer one should have basic knowledge about foods that are harmful to our body. Most of the mouth watering food available in the market are actually carcinogenic and, therefore, careful selection of food is necessary to protect ourselves and our families risk of developing cancer. The ten best foods that cause cancer are discussed here.
1. Processed meat
There are different methods used for meat processing and preservation.
- smoking, salting, curing, pickling and chemical preservatives are the common methods used to preserve meat.
- processed meat products such as bacon, hot dogs, sausages, ham packaging, etc pepperoni contain preservatives that make them look so cool.
- sodium nitrite and nitrate are commonly used preservatives and these preservatives are found to be carcinogenic. These preservatives increase the chances of colon and pancreatic cancer.
According to the Global Fund for Cancer Research, consumers should avoid eating processed meats to protect themselves from cancer.
2. Smoked and burned and non-food items
One of the main food liked by people is the grilled foods.
- smoking and barbecuing produce polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. These chemicals increase the risk of cancer.
- Studies have shown that eating burned or charred foods increases the likelihood of pancreatic cancer by 60%.
- Cooking food at high temperature causes the production of chemicals such as hetero cyclic amines which increases the chances of colon or esophageal cancer.
3. GMO Foods
The development of biotechnology has led to increased production of genetically modified organisms for food purposes.
- genetically modified There are vegetables, fish and poultry are produced using chemicals that promote the rapid growth of tumors in humans.
- The genetically modified maize, tomatoes, potatoes, soybeans, canola, salmon pose threat to our health and therefore should not be considered as free diet cancer.
is required to run caution while buying food. Select foods that are certified as non-GM food or organic food produced with natural methods.
4. Sweetened Beverages
Sugary and carbonated beverages like soda and other drinks that are sold commercially have high levels of sugar refined, add color and preservatives.
- Scientific studies have shown that people who consume more than two servings of soda a week are 87% more likely to develop cancer of the digestive system.
- Excess sugar in these drinks provides the best means for that cancer cells grow because they provide all the nutrients to tumor cells.
- chemicals in soft drinks such as caramel color and its derivative 4-methylimidazole (4-MI) have been considered to cause cancer.
5. Foods with artificial sweeteners
In modern times, people are more aware of the need to maintain a healthy weight and in order to achieve this goal depend on various foods and diet drinks that claim to be sugar.
- These foods and drinks containing artificial sweeteners are more dangerous than refined sugar.
- Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame, sucralose Saccharain and causes various health problems, including cancer.
6. Contaminated products
- Most conventionally produced fruits and vegetables are contaminated by pesticide use.
- The production of more contaminated foods including apples, grapes, strawberries, oranges and potatoes. More than 90% of the tested samples have found that pesticide residues.
- Pesticides, as such, are toxic to humans and chemicals in pesticides beings increase the risk of cancer and lowered IQ in children.
- Should I buy fruits and vegetables that are organic or pesticide free label.
7. Fried Food products
fried items like chips and fries contain chemical called acrylamide can cause cancer in humans.
- The fries are cooked using oils containing trans fats, which are healthy for the heart.
- re frying foods in oil releases toxic aldehydes -heated that cause cancer and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Most fast food restaurants use re-heated the oil for frying potatoes and other items.
8. Microwave popcorn
This is another food that should be avoided to prevent cancer.
- The lining of the bag of microwave popcorn contain perfluoroctanoic acid (PFOA), which belongs to a class of compounds that is linked to liver, testicular, and pancreatic cancers.
- When the bag is heated, chemicals vaporize and are absorbed by the popcorn, which ultimately reach your body.
9. Canned Food Products
- Most canned food items contain preservatives which can react with the material tin.
- The coating of the cans containing bisphenol-A has been shown to disrupt the normal hormonal activity of the body. This chemical is suspected to cause many problems, such as cancer.
10. Hydrogenated oil
hydrogenated oils are used for food preparation, you need a longer shelf life.
- hydrogenated vegetable oils may change the structure of the cell membrane and make them more susceptible to diseases such as cancer.
- These trans fats are still used by the manufacturing units of commercial foods. Check food labels to ensure they are free from hydrogenated vegetable oil.
Want to avoid the risk of cancer? Are you looking for foods that should be avoided to lead a life free of cancer? Try to avoid foods listed above and select only organic food and pest free. Avoid foods sweetened and artificially colored. This will help avoid the fear of developing cancer and lead a relaxed life and quality for many years.