Also known as degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis is the most popular form of arthritis. Osteoarthritis occurs due to cartilage breakdown in the joints, so the bones rub against each other.
In the United States, an estimated 27 million people suffer from osteoarthritis. This disease usually develops at the age of 40 to 60. It mainly affects weight-bearing joints such as the hips, knees, feet, back and spine. Sometimes, it can have an effect on his neck and joints of the fingers and hand.
If you do not receive timely treatment, osteoarthritis can lead to significant disability, which, in turn, causes you to have surgery to replace the knee and hip. Fortunately, we only have to change your lifestyle and follow some natural home remedies for osteoarthritis to help you treat your symptoms and have a healthy life without putting any pain.
Osteoarthritis commonly affects more health women . It can be caused by several factors additional features such risk as weak thigh muscles, injuries in previous joints, activities that put excessive stress on the joint, obesity, diabetes, bone deformities and genetic as well as complications of other types of arthritis.
Signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis often develop slowly and worsen day by day. Click to Tweet
People suffering from osteoarthritis may experience common symptoms such as stiffness of the joints (especially after getting up in the morning), joint pain after or during the movement, the sensation of pain when touched in the joints, which has a grating sensation when joints are flexed, loss of flexibility, and bone spurs. Today, VKool page will show a new article on the best home remedies for arthritis 10. This article will provide detailed information about 10 home remedies for osteoarthritis using natural ingredients without leaving any adverse effect. Read on to discover the remedy that is appropriate for your condition!
10 best home remedies for osteoarthritis pain You should ignore
1. The hot and cold compresses
Both hot and cold compresses are very beneficial in the treatment of joint pain caused by osteoarthritis. A cold compress is able to reduce inflammation and swelling, while a heating pad has the ability to help in reducing stiffness and pain.
- just can wrap a bottle filled with hot water in a thin towel to get a hot compress and use a thin towel to wrap some ice cubes if you want to get a cold compress.
- Now this hot compress solution is placed directly on the affected joints by about 2 to 4 minutes.
- After that, the hot solution with the cold pack is replaced.
- let sit there for about 45-60 seconds.
- Keep repeating this process for about 20 minutes several times a day.
. Note: You can also order any of these packs, depending on their condition
2. apple cider vinegar
This is one of the effective home remedies for osteoarthritis you should try. Thanks to the properties of alkaline and anti-inflammatory, apple cider vinegar training will lower stiffness and joint pain. In addition, it also helps get rid of toxins that are stored in the joints.
- First, 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (raw and unfiltered) with 1 teaspoon of raw honey and a glass of warm water mixed.
- They are stirred well and drink this mixture twice a day, preferably before enjoying your meals.
- In addition, apple cider vinegar can mix well with olive oil in a proportion equal.
- Then this is used to gently massage the affected joints several times a day.
- Keep these remedies follow two daily until the swelling and pain are eliminated.
Further information: 21 Health and beauty benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar
Ginger is one of the effective home remedies for Osteoarthritis . A study published in 2011 found that highly purified ginger extract positively affected patients suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee, helping to reduce pain.
Additionally, this herb is also high in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that reduce pain, inflammation and swelling. Moreover, ginger is able to block the COX-2 which is a chemical that causes pain in his body.
- Only consume two or three cups of ginger tea every day and see an improvement in their condition.
- To make ginger tea, simply take a piece of ginger and then grate well.
- Next, put the grated ginger 1 cup water and boil the water for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- After that, strain the ginger water and combine it with a little honey to make it sweeter.
- Also, you can chew a few slices of fresh ginger a day or use fresh ginger or dried as a spice in cooking.
- Furthermore, it is possible to use ginger oil to gently massage the affected areas several times on a daily basis.
In Ayurveda, fenugreek is one of the popular home remedies for osteoarthritis. Fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which helps control inflammation and pain.
In addition, fenugreek seeds have vitamins along with essential minerals such as iron, phosphorus and calcium, which are very necessary for you to maintain tissues and bones.
- You just prepare a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds powder and then mixed with a glass of warm water to consume two or three times a day.
- Another option for you is to make a paste by mixing fenugreek fenugreek seeds (1 teaspoon) with a suitable amount of water and then apply this mixture directly in their affected areas.
- Allow the mixture to dry naturally and use warm water to rinse.
- This process should be applied twice per day.
- In a simpler way, you just soak fenugreek seeds (1 teaspoon) in water and be overnight.
- The next morning, strain the water and consume fenugreek seeds soaked.
- should remember to apply any of these ways every day until the result makes your satisfied.
Cinnamon is also one of the ayurvedic common home remedies for osteoarthritis. This herb contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory, which can be beneficial in the fight against joint inflammation and pain properties. In addition, cinnamon also help your muscles relax stiff. Here are some natural home remedies for osteoarthritis with cinnamon you can try to apply for the treatment of this condition:
- Initially, cinnamon powder (1 teaspoon) mixed with honey (1 tablespoon) and hot (1 cup) water.
- Next, stir well and drink them every morning when you have an empty stomach.
- Another way to use cinnamon for osteoarthritis is to make a paste by mixing cinnamon cinnamon powder well with enough water.
- can also add a little honey to make it sweeter.
- Now, cinnamon paste is used to apply to the affected areas daily for several minutes.
- must follow these home remedies with cinnamon until there is a significant improvement.
Further information: health benefits and beauty 28 cinnamon to know
For more home remedies for osteoarthritis, stay with us for our next post!
6. Green tea
A 2011 study shows that green tea has the ability to control the symptoms of osteoarthritis, as well as hold off. Green tea has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, reducing inflammation and joint pain. In addition, green tea also helps a lot in preserving bone density and maintaining bone strength.
- You put first, one teaspoon of dried green tea leaves in 1 cup of boiled water.
- Then cover and let this steep for several minutes.
- After that, strain the water and combine it with a little honey.
- You should drink 2 or 3 cups of this green tea every day.
According to a study published in 2009, turmeric is one of the very safe and effective home remedies for osteoarthritis. This herb can even help inhibit the development of this disease. In addition, turmeric compound curcumin processes a call containing antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Now, simply mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 cup of milk.
- They stir well and then boil the mixture for a few minutes.
- Then put it with a little honey and consume this solution twice a day for at least 3 or 4 days a week.
- Also, you can have an intake of turmeric standardized extract 3 times (300 mg / hour) per day only after consulting your doctor.
- Or, you can include turmeric powder in the daily diet for more additional benefits.
. Note: Do not consume too turmeric if you are taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or anticoagulant drugs
8. Epsom salt
Another of the best home remedies for osteoarthritis 10 is to use Epsom salt. Epsom salt is a rich source of magnesium, which helps relieve pain, inflammation and swelling.
- Just add 2 cups of this salt to your bath filled with warm water.
- Then soak in it and relax for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remember to do this process two or three times a week for several weeks or until you feel that their conditions of inflammation and pain get improved.
Note :. People suffering from diabetes or kidney problems should not apply this remedy
9. Massage therapy
Massaging the affected areas regularly will be very beneficial in alleviating the intensity of inflammation, pain and inflammation caused due to osteoarthritis. In addition, massage therapy also stimulates blood circulation and inflamed muscles provides a soothing effect.
- You just massage your affected areas with warm coconut oil or olive oil several times a day. If massage therapy worsens their condition, you should immediately stop doing so.
- In other words, you can also mix 10 grams of camphor well with a cup of mustard oil.
- Then the mixture is heated in a low heat level for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool and use it to gently massage the affected areas.
- Or can mix eucalyptus oil of wintergreen oil in a proportion equal inflamed joints and massage with this oil mixture.
- Because the joints are more sensitive because of osteoarthritis, make sure to gently massage them or see a therapist to have a professional massage if necessary.
Further information: 25 benefits of massage therapy with essential oils 2014
Exercise can help treat the symptoms of osteoarthritis. It can help increase stamina and make muscles around the joints strong. This, in turn, stimulates motility. In addition, exercise also helps you lose weight.
- Therefore, you should do aerobic exercises like swimming, cycling or walking half an hour a day for 5 days a week.
- do resistance training and lightweight train several times a week to make your muscles stronger.
- exercises with big movements in at least 40 minutes every day.
- No high-impact sports, that will put you at a higher risk of injury.
- You may see an expert to get advice about an exercise program that fits your lifestyle and health condition.
home remedies for osteoarthritis – Additional advice
- In order to obtain the best results, you must follow some additional tips below if any of the home remedies for osteoarthritis previous applies:
- should try to sleep without waking up at night because sleep will help you cope with stress and pain caused by osteoarthritis.
- You can use a mixture by mixing soybean oil and avocado to help massage the affected areas and thereby controlling inflammation and pain.
- quit drinking and smoking, since they can worsen your condition.
- You can make meditation to get rid of pain from his mind.
- also it allows us to perform certain yoga postures to improve flexibility of joints and strengthen muscles.
- Keep practicing tai chi two or three times a week to keep the symptoms of osteoarthritis at bay.
- In addition, you can try canes, braces, splints and other devices that can help relieve discomfort and injury prevention.
- Always keep full of positive energy, because it can have a huge effect on how well they function and how you feel.
- remember also ask your doctor if you want to take nutritional supplements to help control symptoms.
- Exposing the morning sun provide the joints affected with vitamin D, which is very necessary for healthy bones.
- also it should include foods rich in vitamins such as vitamin C and E in the diet. These two vitamins keep the always strong bones as well as manage the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Furthermore, it can consume foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as cold-water fish, nuts and seeds to relieve pain and inflammation.
- If you suffer from obesity, you should get some necessary steps to reduce some pounds. This, in turn, reduces pressure on weight-bearing joints and thereby decreasing pain.
- can also apply acupuncture therapy for pain relief and encourage mobility.
You’ve read the best home remedies for arthritis 10. If you have any questions regarding this condition, not have it then. I will give you an answer as soon as possible. All these natural home remedies are safe and effective for you to get rid of osteoarthritis. However, first, you should see your doctor for an accurate diagnosis with their condition. You can read more articles about other health conditions and diseases in our main Health . Also, if you have any other home remedies for osteoarthritis, please share with us.