Have you ever open a water tap only to find that the water is persistent in the sink and not going down the drain? It has a drain clogged by accumulation, and perhaps other elements that can make their way down a drain (but should not!).
Well, picture this image with your arteries: Your heart is the key, but when “on” – or pumps blood – the blood just stops and simply can not happen. Blood tries to push his way through each pump of the heart and maybe a little get through, but the pressure against the arteries begins to damage them.
Like how food and hair can clog a sink, what we eat and low activity can clog arteries. And like the way the water pipes may extend and connect to different areas, our arteries are spread throughout the body, reaching all vital areas that require blood. So if the arteries are clogged, our body can not get the oxygen-rich blood it needs to function.
The diet has much to do with the health of our arteries. In fact, some foods are responsible for clogging arteries and others are the best foods to prevent clogging of the arteries completely. So if you want to make sure that their “tubes” are kept clean, here it is the diet of clogged arteries and major arteries clean food.
How to prevent clogging of the arteries
If you have not been diagnosed with clogged arteries, but want to ensure they stay healthy, prevention is your defense No. 1. If you’re wondering how to prevent clogging of the arteries, naturally, look no further than of these 10 best foods to prevent clogging of the arteries.
Foods that help prevent clogging of the arteries
1. Leafy greens: leafy greens are a staple for all healthy diets, but even more in a diet for clogged arteries. Foods like spinach, kale and arugula are some of the best foods for clean arteries. Spinach, for example, is rich in potassium. This is useful to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
green leafy vegetables also contain a form of nitrogen in the soil in which they occur. When this becomes digested nitrogen is converted into nitric oxide – an important gas that helps dilate blood vessels and carry oxygen. Increasing nitric oxide can also work to lower blood pressure. So if you are looking for ways to prevent clogging of the arteries, look no further leafy green vegetables.
2. Fish : The fish is another popular food that tends to make the list of healthy eating, but there is a good reason for it! Another top food for clean arteries, fish provides omega-3 which are excellent for heart health.
An easy way to remember that fish are the artery with children think of SMASH: sardines, mackerel, anchovies, salmon and herring. These are the best fish to consume when it comes to prevent clogging of the arteries.
3. Tea: Tea is soothing, calming and offers many health benefits, so it is essential to incorporate in your diet for clogged arteries. Tea, especially green tea, contains flavonoids. A flavonoid, called catechins, protects cells and neutralizes oxidation – similar to how it operates premium gasoline in a car. Tea can also help block dietary cholesterol and reduce inflammation.
If you have not been drinking a lot of tea, start with one cup a day. If you are already a tea drinker, the target of three cups a day -. But it sticks with a herbal closer bedtime so you can easily fall asleep
4. Oil: Think oil – olive, canola, etc. – As Drano water pipe. If the pipes are clogged, the solution down and poured obstruction disappears. Well, the oil works quite like this. The oil contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are good for the heart. These fatty acids are necessary to prevent the buildup of plaque, which is how to prevent clogging of the arteries. Canola oil and olive oil in particular are also useful for lowering cholesterol.
Exchange of unhealthy fats like butter or margarine and oil is heart-friendly and one of the best foods to prevent clogging of the arteries.
5. Grenades: known for its high content of antioxidants, pomegranates are really one of the best foods for clean arteries. Not only grenades prevent hardening of the arteries, but can also reverse its progression.
Pomegranates on a diet for clogged arteries are essential, and if you’re drinking the juice or eating the fruit itself, is a great way to prevent clogging of the arteries naturally.
6. Whole grains : Do not be confused this food as a means to enjoy bread and pasta, the secret is in whole grains, things are not bleached usually seen in store shelves. Foods like oatmeal, bran and barley are the best foods to prevent clogging of the arteries due to their fiber content. Fiber is important if you want to know how to avoid clogging of the arteries. Soluble fiber works to eliminate the “bad” cholesterol – LDL -. your body and whole grains provide magnesium, which opens blood vessels
7. Nuts: Like the fish and oil, nuts provide omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Nuts also contain magnesium, which is useful in preventing plaque and dilating blood vessels. The American Heart Association recommends consuming even nuts, but beware that are high in calories, so try to stay in a few at a time. Nuts are an easy way to prevent clogged arteries naturally.
8. Lean meats: Their steaks can be part of the foods that cause clogged arteries, but other delicious lean meats can help prevent clogged arteries. Foods like chicken and turkey are excellent choices, either baked or grilled. They offer protein and have no saturated fats like red meat has.
9. Spices: What is easier to get the benefits of the environment artery that spice? Not only will they give your diet for clogged arteries more flavor, but how to prevent clogging of the arteries on their own.
10. Coffee: Another drink that can support heart health and prevent clogging of the arteries, of course, coffee – but note that this should be consumed in moderation and without sweeteners added or cream. Coffee in your own offers many health benefits so it is not surprising that it may be part of how to prevent clogging of the arteries as well. Coffee may help lower blood pressure, but is a stimulant after all. Listen to your body and if you notice that you are becoming unstable or heartbeat quickens, reduce the amount you are drinking.
What foods cause clogged arteries
Now that you know the best foods to prevent clogging of the arteries, it is also important to note some of the foods that you should avoid because they can cause clogging of the arteries. These foods include:
- Fried foods: French fries, fried chicken wings, etc.
- Trans fats: margarine, baked goods, processed foods, etc.
- Desserts: cakes, cookies, muffins, etc.
These types of foods are not healthy for the heart and can contribute to clogged arteries. If your diet contains high amounts of these foods, it is best to re-evaluate and make some changes. In essence, if artificial or processed, it will not be good for the heart.
Keep healthy arteries
If you want to live to 100 (or beyond), you need to make the necessary changes to your diet so you can avoid clogged arteries. Clogged arteries can lead to numerous heart problems that can ultimately cause death.
Ensure you’re enjoying the best foods to prevent clogging of the arteries will help them to continue to perform its function. Just remember, a clogged sink can not do their job and may not clogged arteries. For your body to receive the necessary oxygen it needs and eliminate waste, arteries have to be as clear as a whistle!
share this information
dr sam robbins heart info |